Pay by Phone
Free Automated Payment Service
Make payments by phone at any time. There’s no need to speak with a loan counselor. (If you would like to speak with a loan counselor, press 1; then press 0 during the recorded announcement.)
Paying by phone is:
- Convenient. Lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Easy-to-use. The system is completely automated.
- Free. Use a local or toll-free number to make the call.
- Available in English and Spanish.
How It Works
Use these easy steps to make your payment by phone.
- (515) 243-5626 from the Des Moines area.
- (800) 243-7552 toll free.
||Press 1 to make a payment.
||Enter your 10-digit Iowa Student Loan account number. Locate your account number on your statement.
||Follow the prompts to select your payment method from the options available to you.
For details regarding payment methods, view the detailed payment instructions.
||Enter your payment information.
||Choose to make either a level payment to your entire account or a specific payment to a particular loan. (Payments to specific loans may not be available on consolidated loans.)
||Enter payment amount.
||Receive confirmation number.
||Choose to make another payment or end the call.
To speak to a loan counselor, press 1
; then press 0
during the recorded announcement.
View and print detailed payment instructions (PDF).
Here are some things to know before calling:
- Specify Loan Payments. You may apply your payment to your entire Iowa Student Loan account, or you may specify payment to one or more specific loans. Payments to specific loans may not be available on loans that have been consolidated.
- Loan Numbers. If you choose to apply a payment to a specific loan, you’ll need your loan sequence number. Locate your loan sequence number on your statement.
- Select Payment Source. You may pay with your:
- Checking or savings account.
- ATM card:
- Your card must have one of the following logos: PULSE, STAR or NYCE.
- Your bank must participate in an ATM bill pay service.
- MasterCard or Visa credit or debit card.
- Timing of Payment. If you pay by phone on a weekend or holiday, funds will be withdrawn from your bank or credit card account the next business day.
- No Additional Fee. Iowa Student Loan does not charge you for the convenience of the pay by phone service.
Note: Your bank or credit card company may, however, assess a charge for the transaction.