About Aspire Servicing Center
Aspire Resources Inc. was founded in 2001 as a wholly owned, for-profit subsidiary of Iowa Student Loan to perform functions not specifically included in Iowa Student Loan's original tax-exempt designation. Aspire Servicing Center was created in 2014 as a division of Aspire Resources Inc.
Aspire Servicing Center provides customer service for private student loans and for federal loans that are not part of the Direct Loan program. These functions were previously performed by Iowa Student Loan. Direct Loan program customer service functions are performed by Aspire Resources Inc.
The Aspire board of directors is appointed annually by the Iowa Student Loan board of directors, and Iowa Student Loan is the parent company and sole owner of Aspire. All revenues beyond operating expenses and reserves are returned to Iowa Student Loan to fulfill its nonprofit purpose to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
Learn more about Iowa Student Loan, its programs and its educational resources in the Year in Review.
Several officers and senior management personnel divide their duties and responsibilities between Iowa Student Loan, Aspire Resources Inc. and Aspire Servicing Center.
Officers and Senior Management
- Steven W. McCullough, president
- Erin Lacey, executive vice president and corporate treasurer
- Cindy Bartz, vice president of project management and chief information officer
- Joe Bird, senior vice president of business development and client relations
- Mary Kay DeBolt, senior vice president of operations and corporate secretary
For more information, see the officer and senior management profiles.
Board of Directors
For more information, see the profiles for the board of directors.
- Dr. Norm Nielsen (chair), president emeritus, Kirkwood Community College
- John Hartung (vice chair), job coaching, placement and fundraising consultant
- Catherine "Kay" E. Beyerink, retired chief executive officer, Telco Triad Community Credit Union
- John Hintze, shareholder, Ahlers & Cooney, P.C.
- Walter Witthoff, senior vice president and chief compliance officer, Iowa Student Loan
Open positions are listed on the website for our parent company, Iowa Student Loan. See current openings at www.IowaStudentLoan.org/Careers.