About Aspire Servicing Center
Customer service for borrowers with private and federal loans is provided under the name Aspire Servicing Center by Aspire Resources Inc. employees.
Aspire Resources Inc. was originally created as ISL Service Corp. in 2001 as a wholly owned, for-profit subsidiary of Iowa Student Loan to perform functions not specifically included in Iowa Student Loan's original tax-exempt designation. Aspire also provides customer service on behalf of its external business partners; disburses private student loans on behalf of its partnering lenders; transmits student loan data among postsecondary institutions and lenders; and resells the computer software it develops.
The Aspire board of directors is appointed annually by the Iowa Student Loan board of directors, and Iowa Student Loan is the parent company and sole owner of Aspire. All revenues beyond operating expenses and reserves are returned to Iowa Student Loan to fulfill its nonprofit purpose to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
Learn more about Iowa Student Loan, its programs and its educational resources in the Year in Review.
Board of Directors
The Aspire board of directors provides oversight to work of Aspire employees, including those who perform customer service under the name Aspire Servicing Center.
For more information, see the profiles for the board of directors.
- Dr. Norm Nielsen (chair), president emeritus, Kirkwood Community College
- John Hartung (vice chair), job coaching, placement and fundraising consultant
- Catherine "Kay" E. Beyerink, retired chief executive officer, Telco Triad Community Credit Union
- John Hintze, shareholder, Ahlers & Cooney, P.C.
- Walter Witthoff, senior vice president and chief compliance officer, Iowa Student Loan
Officers and Senior Management
The following officers and senior executives provide management for employees of Aspire and Iowa Student Loan.
- Steven W. McCullough, president
- Erin Lacey, executive vice president and corporate treasurer
- Cindy Bartz, vice president of project management and chief information officer
- Joe Bird, senior vice president of business development and client relations
- Mary Kay DeBolt, senior vice president of operations and corporate secretary
For more information, see the officer and senior management profiles.
Open positions are listed on the website for our parent company, Iowa Student Loan. See current openings at www.IowaStudentLoan.org/Careers.